Safe and Well Together is committed to providing you with the best possible user experience and doing so in a safe, secure and professional manner.
In order for us to operate our business and website properly, there are occasions where it is necessary to collect or process personal information (data) about you.
All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that Safe and Well Together complies with both international data protection and privacy laws, like the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) and all personal data that is collected or processed is held safely and securely and is only used for the appropriate purpose and held for the appropriate amount of time.
Your information is held securely in our website database and it is not accessible to any individuals or organisations outside of those working for or with Safe and Well Together. We will never sell, rent or trade any of your personal information to anyone.
- WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION? When you purchase something from us, as part of the buying process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. We collect the following information:
- Information provided to us by you directly, such as your name, email address, payment details, sending us a message on our contact page, or the minimum required information in order to complete a purchase of one of our products
- Information that is automatically sent to us by your computer’s internet browser when you visit our website, such as your IP address, which browser you are using (e.g. Google Chrome, Safari, etc) and which type of device you are using (e.g. desktop, tablet, mobile, etc.)
- Information collected in relation to your usage of our website or products, such as which pages you visit, how often you visit the website, etc.
Safe and Well Together operates a subscription newsletter service which website visitors must opt-in to receive.
- If you opt-in, we may send you emails about our products, and other updates.
- If at any time a website visitor does not wish to receive the newsletter anymore an ‘unsubscribe’ link is contained in each email which will result in no further communication other than to inform that the unsubscribe has been successful.
You will never be subscribed to an email list operated by Safe and Well Together without your prior, positive consent as per GDPR regulations.
- CONSENT – When you provide us with personal information (i.e. to complete a transaction, or place an order) we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If you have provided us with personal information (eg. completed an online form or purchased a product) you have certain rights that you may exercise with regards to this personal information.
- You have the right to be informed of when your personal information is being collected and how it is being used by us
- You have the right to ask if your personal information is being processed by us and the right to an answer from us in a reasonable time frame – at little or no cost to you
- You have the right to correct or complete any or all of your personal information entries, including personal information that is shared with a third party data processor
- Under specific circumstances (found under Section 2, Article 17 of the GDPR), you have the right to request removal of your personal information from
- Under specific circumstances (found under Section 2, Article 17 of the GDPR), you have the right to request a block on the processing of your personal information from Safe and Well Together
- You have the right to request and reuse your personal information for your own purposes anywhere you want by transferring it across different IT environments
- You have the right to object to the use of your personal information and make a case that Safe and Well Together does not need the personal information it is processing in order to perform its business function
If you would like to remove your data from our system, withdraw your system, and would like us not to contact you in the future, please email us at email@example.com.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
- THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
- In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
- For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
- As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Safe and Well Together contains some links to other websites. Safe and Well Together is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage our users to be aware that when they leave our site that you read the privacy statements of each web site that might collect personally identifying information.
Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Like many businesses, we use Facebook and Instagram for commercial advertising purposes and part of that usage may result in the placement of cookies on your computer. This cookie placement is completed by Facebook and helps us to determine the effectiveness of advertising campaigns that are completed and delivered using either Facebook or Instagram.
If you are not logged into Facebook or Instagram when visiting our site from either your computer or your mobile device, then it is not possible for any personal information to be collected – because of this, we do not specifically ask you for your consent.
If you are logged into Facebook or Instagram when visiting our site from either your computer or your mobile device, then Facebook will record your visit to Safe and Well Together within their own systems. We do not have any access to this personal information as this sharing is completed between Facebook and you (not us), which you will have consented to within your Facebook profile settings. The information that is then shared with us from Facebook is anonymised and only serves to demonstrate the number of users who have responded to our advertising on Facebook and Instagram. None of the information that is shared with Facebook and Safe and Well Together is personally identifiable.
You can also exercise a degree of control over the advertising you encounter on both Facebook and Instagram. You may opt-out of interest-based advertising by following the steps contained in this article.
If our company is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
- QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org