Stress – How to reduce its effects
In this video, Sarah discusses some of the best ways that we can combat stress. Below are some of the ‘greatest hits’ from the video.
- Exercise is great for reducing stress as it elevates production of endorphins: the powerful neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine
- These endorphins are what give people that ‘runner’s high’ after exercise
- Exercise balances mood, reduces stress and is great for anyone suffering from anxiety or depression
- A few deep breaths will help your brain settle
- The Limbic System needs time to calm down. Something as simple as taking the time to slowly inhale deeply then slowly exhale can make a world of difference
Talk to someone
- Your manager, a friend, HR / People team, H&S / Wellbeing team
- A problem shared is a problem halved
- Tomorrow is a new day!
If you need any support relating to stress, stress management techniques, etc, please email us at email@example.com, or give us a call on +44 7791 97 82 44.
If you have any comments to make, please use the comments section below. We love hearing from you!